Orthodontic Treatment in Adults
Many problems may occur due to the fact that orthodontic disorders are not eliminated at an early age. Orthodontic treatment is also applied in adults, especially in aesthetic and functional problems caused by abnormally positioned jaws and crowded teeth. Orthodontic measures that are not taken at an early age cause not only aesthetic but also extra problems such as gingival recession, bone loss in jaw joint and are an indication of the need for treatment in adults. There are many reasons why orthodontic treatment has become widespread in recent years.
Due to the increase in living standards and the direct effect of teeth on social life, adults have also started to seek solutions to these problems. In addition, more aesthetic and comfortable treatment methods such as transparent braces without wires and brackets are available today, and the most appropriate treatment method for bone and tooth structure will be determined by the orthodontist.
Can Orthodontic Treatment be Performed for Everyone, Is There an Age Limit?
Orthodontic treatment can be performed not only for children and young people but also for adults. There is no upper age limit in these treatments. Different types of orthodontic treatment can be applied to each patient with healthy teeth and gums according to their needs. With these treatments, it is also advantageous for many people who are ashamed to show their teeth while taking photos.
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Incorrectly positioned and crowded teeth
- Temporomandibular Disorders
- Cavities caused by lost teeth
- Mouth breathing
- Jaw disorders
- Jaw disorders and resulting non-ideal facial profile
- Orthodontic treatments are a solution for individuals with problems such as teeth and lips not being in a proper and harmonious position.
Advantages of Orthodontic Treatment in Adults
- Both an ideal smile and an improvement in facial appearance are provided.
- It is ensured that the jaw and teeth are in a proper position.
- Dental crowding that has existed since childhood is eliminated.
- Traumas resulting from the protruding teeth are prevented.
- Tooth loss or tooth fractures are prevented.
- Dental gaps that are not ideal for implant prosthesis etc. applications can be set.
- Support is provided for the treatment of problems such as respiratory problems and sleep apnoea.